Bengaluru, Hyderabad and Delhi. Do you know what’s common in the three cities apart from being places that attract big businesses and job seekers alike? The depleting air quality in all the three! Hence, having an air purifier to keep indoor air at check is an absolute necessity. Just like all other appliances in our homes which need maintenance, even an air purifier requires the same. Here are a few things to do to ensure the air purifier stays with us long enough.
- Turn-off the unit when not in use. Often when you go for holidays, amidst the rush of packing, travel itinerary, managing the kids, and making sure that you have taken everything with you, we forget to turn off the home appliances. Not only is it harmful for the device but is also a waste of non-renewable energy.
- Every alternate month, vacuum the permanent filters. It will suck out the dust and dander, making it more efficient to throw clean air out.
- Do not use detergents, gasoline, glass cleaner, or polish to clean the body or interiors. These are inflammable and may cause accidents. Clean the air purifier body with soft damp cloth.
- Clean the air inlet/front grill by removing it. To remove, place fingers in the indentation on the right side of the door and gently pull. Once the door is open to 90 degrees, pull the grill up. Once removed, the front grill can be cleaned with warm, soapy water. Make sure the grill is completely dry before reinstalling.
- Never wash HEPA or Carbon filters. Those are some crucial parts of the gadgets and if damaged, will cost you a fortune.
Another important aspect of maintenance is to go for a protection plan with extended warranty from OneAssist. It will cover for any damage or malfunction even after the manufacturer warranty is over.
Live Assisted. Stay Protected.