5 things you should definitely do to secure your online presence
The Internet is a powerful tool to “navigate” around the world virtually anywhere. In these times of pandemic, we are bound to rely on the internet for both essential and non-essential activities. We have listed 5 things you should definitely take into account while browsing online:
- Never use the same password for multiple accounts on the internet. Because one breach may jeopardize your other accounts as well.
- Beware of phishing attacks. Be careful about the emails you open and the advertisements you click on any website.
- Avoid downloading any file from unknown sources. Make sure you are downloading from a trusted source only. File extensions such as .js,WS,WSF, CMD may be malicious and harmful.
- Do keep a careful watch on the URL of the website you’re visiting and ensure that it is secure(following HTTPS protocol).
- Always ensure that the web browsers and antivirus software you use are updated to the latest version. Outdated browsers are prone to several forms of malware attacks because of security loopholes.
You might be wondering what happens when my data is breached. Well, hackers and cyber fraudsters steal your data and often sell them on Dark web, illegal data theft forums, marketplaces etc. Other fraudsters then try to misuse your confidential data by applying for a loan on your name, doing illegal transactions using your Credit Card, etc, etc.
But how to protect yourself from such incidents?
Well, that’s where IDFence can come handy. It monitors your Debit Card, Credit Card numbers, Bank Accounts, PAN, Email Ids, on Dark Web, illegal theft forums, etc 24/7 and sends you a notification whenever it detects your information available on such wrong places.
That’s all from us today. Don’t forget to subscribe to our blog to get information about data breaches, daily tips to keep your personal information secure, and much more at your inbox.
And most importantly, STAY HOME STAY SAFE.