5 online behaviors that can make you vulnerable to data theft
How active are you on the internet? Do you actively indulge in social media? Do you have multiple accounts across websites and actively do online shopping? Well, if you do, then there is always a risk associated with your digital identity and personal data. Let’s just have a quick look at some of those risk-prone behaviors:.
- Do you usually store your passwords or photos of your Credit Cards, Aadhar Card, PAN Card, and other sensitive information on your Smart Phone? Well, in case your answer is yes, then you should think about either removing or encrypting them
- Do you use different passwords for different online accounts? If not then you must consider doing that.
- Do you frequently change your net-banking passwords or mobile banking PIN?.
- Do you usually share your personal information such as travel plans and date of birth on Facebook, Instagram, etc? If yes, then you’re almost providing the hackers with something that they can use against you!!
- Do you usually save your credit/debit card information e-commerce websites which are not PCI-DSS certified? If you do, then there is a high risk of your financial data getting leaked on dark web in case of a data breach.
Such behaviours are very common among Indians and hence 1 in every 19 Indian becomes victim of identity theft. There is no hard and fast rule to avoid identity theft but it is very essential to know what is the level of risk you are exposed to due to your own online behaviour, so that you can tweak your behaviour accordingly to safeguard your data.
Try IDFence’s Risk Calculator here for free to check if your online behaviors make you vulnerable to identity theft.
That’s all from us today. Don’t forget to subscribe to our blog to get information about data breaches, daily tips to keep your personal information secure, and much more at your inbox.
And most importantly, STAY HOME STAY SAFE.