what all is present on the dark web
The Dark Web is dark only until you put some light of knowledge on it. The sole purpose of such a hidden nature of the dark web is to maintain anonymity about what all happens there and who are the people responsible for such actions. But before analyzing the nature of the dark web, it is crucial to know that what all is present over there.
The dark web consists of most unheard and unimaginable places on the internet.
- Anonymous discussion forums- where government & social conspiracies are actively discussed. Such forums also become a perfect place for whistleblowers.
- Redrooms- the place where most heinous and inhumane activities take place.
- Paid Assassins and Hackers for hire
- The Dark Web marketplace
The first 3 points are pretty much self-explanatory but let us look at the Dark Web marketplace in-depth. These places are used for buying and selling illegal digital and physical items. Illegal narcotic drugs and arms are easily available on the dark web but there is a section in the dark web market which can specifically impact almost all of us(internet users).
Let us have a look at a few of them:
- Credit/Debit card details of common people being sold in bulk for a few hundred dollars.
- Email IDs and passwords of people (both personal and corporate) are available for sale at a really cheap rate.
- Account credentials (username and passwords) of services like Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc. are abundantly available for sale.
- Stolen Government ID cards(Driving License, Passport, PAN Card, SSN etc). Such data is used for carrying out identity theft.
- Social media account credentials like Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest, etc. are floating openly in those places for anyone to buy.
Woah!! That’s unbelievable, right, and scary too? So much information about you from personal to professional might be lurking around in the dark alleys of the Dark Web. But how does such information reach on the Dark Web? Actually, it is the data breaches that you continuously hear about which leads to theft of huge amounts of personal data of people. That data is then sold on the Dark Web to be purchased by anyone via cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin so that both parties- the buyer and the seller remain anonymous.
Well, that’s where IDFence can come handy. It monitors your Debit Card, Credit Card numbers, Bank Accounts, PAN, Email Ids, on Dark Web, illegal theft forums, etc 24/7 and sends you a notification whenever it detects your information available on such wrong places.
That’s all from us today. Don’t forget to subscribe to our blog to get information about data breaches, daily tips to keep your personal information secure, and much more at your inbox.
And most importantly, STAY HOME STAY SAFE.